What “From Scratch” Series Thought Me About Love
10 Things the Netflix Series “From Scratch” thought me about family and love.
When American student Amahle "Amy" Wheeler (Zoe Saldana) travels to Italy to study art, she never expects to fall in love with Sicilian chef Lino (Eugenio Mastrandrea). Their intense romance takes everyone by surprise.
As happy as Amy and Lino are together, differences in race soon put obstacles in their way. Lino comes from a traditional Sicilian family, which is not entirely thrilled with his choice of partner. And Amy’s father Hershel (Keith David) in the US also imagined a much more successful man for his daughter. However, when Lino receives a terrible diagnosis, the plans that the young couple had dared to dream of are suddenly threatened.
The movie that was simultaneously shot in Italy and on location in New York is, in fact, actually based on a true story. Specifically, the film was inspired by the book "From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home," in which actress Tembi Locke ("The Magicians") recounts her memories of her great love Saro (Lino, in the series).
If you need a good cry, then you need to watch it! This series is worth every tears.
We all know the feeling of being left and restart from scratch. Whether it's because we were dumped, ghosted, or simply had our heart broken, it feels like the end of the world. But what if I told you that there's a light at the end of the tunnel?
We are sharing 10 things that the Netflix series ''From Scratch'' thought us about relationships.
1. Just because someone doesn't love you back, doesn't mean that you're not worthy of love.
2. It's okay to be scared of getting hurt again, but don't let that stop you from putting yourself out there.
3. Sometimes the person you're meant to be with is not the person you thought they were.
4. It's okay to be independent and strong on your own, but it's also okay to be gentle to yourself.
5. There's nothing wrong with being vulnerable and showing your true emotions.
6. Communication is key in any relationship, whether it's romantic or platonic.
7. Trust is something that has to be earned, and it's not always easy to do.
8. It's okay to make mistakes, but it's important to learn from them.
9. It's important to forgive, but it's also important to put some boundaries.
10. Sometimes the best relationships are the ones that we least expect.